Advanced Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Cluster
2012 June 11 The Joint Action Agreement established the “Advanced Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Equipment” cluster.
The Joint Operating Agreement was signed by 10 partners. The cluster members agreed to create a collaborative environment and pool resources and expertise in new product development, manufacturing and marketing, as well as high-tech design and deployment, technology services, innovation and investment promotion.
Organizations of the cluster (VšĮ Vilties ringas, UAB Start Vilnius, Lithuanian Sports University, UAB Optronika, UAB Plėtra, UAB MT Sprendimai, Gaumina UAB, Eleston UAB, State Budget Office Research Institute of Physical and Technological Sciences “), united for the common purpose of creating a modern base for the development of advanced orthopedic and rehabilitation techniques, the dissemination of knowledge and technology, and business development under conditions of economic globalization.
Tasks of the cluster:
- Establish a network of internal and external cooperation between business, science, training and service actors.
- expand co-development, production and marketing of high value-added products, solutions and services;
- to collect, analyze and provide to partners information on the achievements and best practices of advanced orthopedic and rehabilitation research and development (hereinafter R&D) with the desired characteristics;
- to develop markets for their product service needs in Lithuania and abroad by promoting technological modernization of Lithuanian industry;
- To improve the capacity of the Cluster Partners in the implementation of foreign state-of-the-art technologies, materials, other technological and managerial innovations and investments;
- Facilitate the development of new orthopedic and rehabilitation tools for researchers in the fields of medicine, physics, mechatronics, orthopedics, and new materials;
- to enable scientists developing new orthopedic and rehabilitation techniques and methodologies in scientific institutions to test and test them under pilot production conditions and to accelerate the market introduction of new products;
- integrate the Cluster and its Partners into international cooperation networks and projects;
- Strengthen, within and outside the Cluster, the full cooperation of Lithuanian research and training institutions with business, promoting R&D and innovation in the Cluster and beyond;
- To develop and strengthen infrastructure and competencies for collaborative / open access Cluster R&D activities and specialist expertise;
- promote the creation and retention of high-quality jobs, and implement the principles of corporate social responsibility;
- to take any other action necessary to achieve the purpose of this Treaty.